Warranty Claims can be submitted to Balcrank by completing the on-line form.
Balcrank warrants the equipment manufactured by Balcrank and bearing its name to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of (1) year following the date of purchase by the distributor. This warranty applies only to equipment installed by an authorized distributor and operated and/or maintained in accordance with Balcrank’s written recommendations. At Balcrank’s discretion and with a distributor’s original purchase order and proof of installation date, an on-shelf allowance of no more than six months may be added.
Service parts carry a 90-day warranty.
Items sold, but not manufactured by Balcrank (including materials, equipment, or components such as hoses, FRLs, electric motors, etc.) are subject to the warranty, if any, of the original manufacturer. Balcrank will provide purchaser with reasonable assistance in making any claim for breach of these warranties. However, if the original manufacturer denies such warranty claims, Balcrank has no additional liability.
All equipment determined by Balcrank to have defective materials or workmanship within the warranty period will be repaired or replaced at Balcrank’s discretion. This warranty specifically excludes soft parts and normal wear parts.
Balcrank standard warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship only. This warranty does not cover, nor shall Balcrank be liable for repair or replacement of parts or equipment resulting from:
• Failure of normal wear parts including but not limited to: O-rings, packings, seals and valves
• Wear and tear through normal use
• Damage or failure caused by not following proper installation procedures found in Balcrank Service Bulletins and/or installation by non-authorized Balcrank Service Center
• Abuse, misapplication, abrasion, corrosion, insufficient or improper maintenance, negligence, accident, alteration
• Damage caused by thermal expansion when adequate pressure relief was not included in the system
• Fluid incompatibility
• Substitution of non-Balcrank component parts
• Dirt, water, or debris in air and/or fluid lines; this includes, but is not limited to clogged inlet filters, strainers, regulators, meters, control handles, tips and valves
• Hose reel spring tension adjustment.
This warranty is conditioned upon the prepaid return of the defective equipment to an authorized Balcrank distributor or Balcrank directly for verification of the claimed defect. If the claim is valid, Balcrank will repair or replace, free of charge, any defective parts. The equipment will be returned to the original purchaser, transportation prepaid. If the claim is not valid, Balcrank will contact the distributor via e-mail to determine disposition – either the product will be sent back to the customer per customer’s expense, or the customer must provide written authorization to Balcrank allowing Balcrank to dispose of the customer’s equipment.
UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED TO IN WRITING, THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL BALCRANK BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES OF A SIMILAR NATURE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOST PRODUCTION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, WHETHER SUFFERED BY BUYER OR ANY THIRD PARTY, IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER CLAIMS OR ACTIONS FOR SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED UPON CONTRACTS, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
See F5286E-distributor-handbook-9-2016 for additional information.
Warranty Claim Procedure
To ensure prompt credit, please follow these instructions:
- Labor expenses exceeding the maximum allowable time on the Balcrank Flat Rate Chart
- Claim form is incomplete and/or information unavailable
- Costs for non-allowable charges
- Repair cost exceed 60% of the original net purchase price
7. Balcrank warranty applies only to equipment installed and operated according to applicable Balcrank Service Bulletins and Installation Instructions
8. Retain all parts replaced on warranty claims for 45 days. If necessary for analysis, we will request the return of the defective parts by e-mail. If you are not contacted within 45 days after submitting the claim, the parts may be discarded. When parts are requested to be returned to Balcrank, you will receive an e-mail from technical service “requesting the parts be returned for review.” DO NOT return any parts to Balcrank unless requested. Any equipment returned to Balcrank must have the Warranty Service Claim number (WSC#-provided at time of claim submittal) clearly marked on the outside of the shipping label and must be returned at distributor’s cost